Future of Microchip Development Tools?

I'm taking a fast short survey of Microchip users to help decide what future directions development tools should take. The survey is confidential - I don't even ask for your email address, O.K.?

It's only 11 short questions that take less than a minute. Unless you really want to get opinionated ("Embedded Developers opinionated?!?? Nah!!!") in which case, go ahead, "comment" to your heart's content...!

I'm basically trying to figure out whose development tools are completely reliable, and whose tools really suck. And it's your opportunity to say whatever you want to say - really!

If you have problems or praise, for any toolkit, TELL ME NOW or forever hold your, uh, peace...

Thanks for your support,

- Bill Giovino Executive Editor

"Stamping out Shoddy Tools since 1995"

Reply to
Bill Giovino

reliable, and

say -

To what end ? Who is paying for this, and what do you propose to do with the results ? You have already trawled comp.arch.embedded on this - what was wrong with those replies ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

reliable, and

to say -

I'm looking to expand the sample.

The results will help us determine the focus of a brand new User Support section of Microcontroller.com that we'll be opening in February.

Reply to
Bill Giovino

Hi! Excuse me for the following reflexion. I think that Microchip doen't work in FPGA fields (I used in the past some microcontrollers and memories from Microchip) so why posting in comp.lang.fpga ? I talking about that because you can find more audience posting to groups whose topic is related to the topic of you survey!

Mehdi

Reply to
=?iso-8859-1?B?R2FMYUt0SWtVc5k

directions

for your

want

case, go

reliable, and

say -

your, uh,

For what it's worth I looked at your questionare and gave you some input. Now for one more bit of input... I prefer to develop software using tools hosted under Linux rather than that 'other OS' made by a large company in Redmond WA.

Reply to
Ken Scharf