Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Using gdb for kernel module post mortem
Hi, I'm trying to perform a post mortem on a kernel panic due to a segfault in a kernel module using gdb to do some disassembly/source browsing. My target is an embedded PPC device. After doing a bit...

Help with I/O mapping
Good day! I'm working with MPC8349 CPU and Linux 2.6.11. My board has a FLASH and DPRAM memories in addition to SDRAM DDR and I'd like to map these I/O areas to user space using mmap(). Mmap() call is...

boa-0.94.14rc19 + patch to allow authentication
Hi I patched boa with the patch from ttp:// my browser nows asks for a password, but now i do not know how to create the password file for boa. are there any defines i should set first before...

How to extract sub-string on bash-shell
Hi everyone! First of all, I'm sorry for asking about bash-script. I want to extract "3.4.4". I tried as follows. /*Prompt*/ $arm-linux-gcc --version arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 Copyright (C) 2004 Free...
2
2

Redundant
Hi All, If you are looking for a Experienced Embedded/Embedded Linux Software Engineer in South East Melbourne I might be the one. Let me know if you are looking. Cheers Janaka
1
1

skyeye- How to copy files into it?
i'm able to run skyeye successfully with my arm compiled kernel. I need to copy some files from my host system to this running emulated system. any idea how to do it? Tx in advance.

Are you worried about slowdown and not able to decide what to do?
Are you worried about slowdown and not able to decide what to do? It is the right time to enhance your skills in line with your area of interest & background. So don=92t wait till the market improves,...

(Newbie) Init fails.
Hi I'm a newbie to the embedded world and could do with a pointer or two. I've configured and compiled my kernel. I'm booting the device from a USB stick via Grub and I've got Grub configured to load...

Booting from a different location
I am running Linux 2.6.26 on a PPC. I want to boot linux without using a bootloader to speed up the boot process but, due to the size of the kernel, I cannot put it at the reset vector. I was told...
8
8

Help with mmap()
Good day! I'm working with MPC8349 CPU and Linux 2.6.11. I'd like to write a kernel module to map CPU IMMR area to user space to use it in user applications. I've read LLD3 about mmap() and...
9
9

ARM + SATA Availble chips ?
Hi Are there any chips so i can interface a SATA disk to an ARM9 ? There see to be a lot stuff for plain PATA IDE, but not for SATA. A first google did not give me results. Johan
1
1

JFFS2 versus YAFFS2 and UBIFS
Hi Has anyone compared the Read/(write) performance of the fs for NAND flash devices (1GB) I want to make a (good) choice. Johan
3
3

Why initrd?
Can someone answer a question that has been bothering me for a long time now.... Why do usb sticks require the need for an initrd in order to boot linux? --...
10
10

How to write data to config file in kernel mode
Hi I want to save some config data in kernel mode but my driver does not implement fs_operation functions . Is there some functions which can read and write files in kernel mode ? I know Windows has...
1
1

Backporting V4L2 (Video 4 Linux 2)
Hi Anybody backported V4L2 (Video 4 Linux 2) from 2.6.26 later to previous versions (like 2.6.18 etc) ? Scenario: We have a platform which is running 2.6.18 kernel, and most of our modules are...
2
2