JFFS2 versus YAFFS2 and UBIFS

Hi

Has anyone compared the Read/(write) performance of the fs for NAND
flash devices (1GB)

I want to make a (good) choice.

Johan

Re: JFFS2 versus YAFFS2 and UBIFS

I know Artem would want me to recommend UBIFS, but the figures
that have been presented do seem to bear out the claim of its
superiority in the most common scenarios. I can't find the
particular set I was looking for, but this place looks like it
might have enough data to satisfy:
  http://osl.sed.hu/wiki/ubifs/index.php/FileOP
What operations do you do the most of?

Phil
--
I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the

Mostly reading only (only write in case of software updates )
My opinion is to write to external media (sd) when frequent writing is
needed

Re: JFFS2 versus YAFFS2 and UBIFS

at the ELCE 2008 the guys from free electrons made an interesting
presentation about flash filesystems, including benchmarks. you can
find it at the wiki of the ce linux forum:

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/ELCEurope2008Presentations?action =
3D%AttachFile&do3D%get&target3D%flash-filesystems.pdf

for a huge rw filesystem i think ubifs would be the correct choice.
according to the document ubifs is superior in almost all benchmarks
(except in case of relatively small partitions). it is supported by
the mainline kernel (as opposed to yaffs2) and mounts much faster than
jffs2. another advantage is the support for wear levelling across file-
system/partition borders, which allows you to include read-only
partitions in the wear levelling (if they are created upon UBI)

best regards

Matthias Kaehlcke

Site Timeline