WiFi Compactflash card w Linux drivers?

Is there any good CompactFlash WiFi cards with Linux drivers out there which is not going obsolete short term?

-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may bot be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Don't think so. CF is going away from PDAs, which is the market that drove this niche a couple of years ago. Today PDAs come with the wlan chipsets incorporated. Even wlan SDIO cards and USB dongles are a shaky market for devices, and companies are focusing on Windows (Pocket PC/CE/XPe).

I used the Netgear MA201 for a project last year, which was the most Linux-friendly CF card I could find. It is getting very difficult to source now. I also tried a D-Link card but it was not very reliable under Linux. I don't know if this one is easy to get hold to.

Is USB not an option for you? You can use something that uses the Ralink chips. I don't know if any company (in Asia, perhaps) is willing to continue manufacturing CF cards for M2M devices. Perhaps you can go through the WiFi Linux resources

and ask in the mailing lists.

Regards.

/"Time and again I tell myself I'll stay PabloBleyerKocik / clean tonight, but the little green wheels pablo / are following me. Oh no not again!" @bleyer.org / -- Ashes to ashes, David Bowie

Reply to