what's behind JTAG/ICE break-in action

Dear all,

In my board with Samsung S3C2410, I found something strage and suspect there should be something have been done after using ICE to stop the system but I cannot figure out what it is. I wonder whether it is the JTAG or the debugger(ARM AxD/MSFT Platform Builder), or timing issue make the difference. Can anyone give me some hint?

Case 1: One system fail when boot and free run, while it will work if I intendedly leave a infinite loop after bootloader copy all image from flash to RAM, instead of setting program counter to starting of the image in RAM, I use debugger to break in and set program counter to starting of the image in RAM, then it works. I cannot figure out why?

Case 2: Use MSFT platform builder to read register is OK, while write fail. But if I use JTAG/ICE to write, then it will be no problem. Why?

I really appreciate any input.

Alan Tsai

Reply to
alan tsai