FPGA & FLASH in a JTAG chain

Hi there,

currently I am designing an FPGA board, featuring two Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGAs. It should be possible to program them with onboard Xilinx Platform FLASH PROMs as well as via JTAG with the IMPACT software. For ease of use and debugging all components should be part of one coherent JTAG chain.

Now I'd like to know HOW to connect two FPGAs and two Platform FLASH devices in one JTAG chain so that each FPGA can be programmed through the associated FLASH? How is the identification done (i.e. which FLASH is associated with which FPGA?!)?

Thanks alot in advance...

Regards

Toni

Reply to