Using a Socket dual and Quad serial I/O card

Hi, I am trying to make a Socket Communications based serial expansion card work with a PC running Ubuntu 5.10 Server. The output of the command cardctl ident reports the following-

Socket 1: product info: "Socket", "Quad I/O Card Rev 2.1" manfid: 0x0104, 0x00a1 function: 2 (serial)

However, when I eject and insert the card only one COM port shows up. [4308757.476000] ttyS24: detected caps 00000700 should be 00000100 [4308757.476000] ttyS24 at I/O 0x140 (irq = 10) is a 16C950/954

The serial port is associated with the serial_cs module. How can I make the other COM ports also available?

I have read the following post

which talks about finding the "resources of the card"? What does this mean and is this required in my case?

Alternatively, is there any similar card which is just plug-and-play in Ubuntu? If not, why?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit/Delete Message

Reply to
aerosuraj