Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons

Hi, I would like to design some applications to use VoIP, possiblely secure VoIP.

Where can I find some reviews/comparisons of the different packages available? If possible I would like to find something that has interoperable clients in Linux and Windows.

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate

I *think* it has an API for external programs to access. Works well on both Linux and (spit) windows.

--
Nobby
Reply to

Although you did say GNU, which it clearly isn't. :-)

--
Nobby
Reply to

Well if it's free . . . then what's to complain about!

I may have said GNU, but what I meant was worthwhile, usable, zero cost (even if part of a resold package), customizable utility :) Sorry for not specifying.

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate
product, it's never an ideal choice. " -Ed (www.overclockers.com)
Reply to
Luc The Perverse

I haven't used many packages, but I use Asterisk right now and love it. It took only two hours to create a phone interface to our job tracking system.

Jon

--
Learn to program using Linux assembly language
http://www.cafeshops.com/bartlettpublish.8640017

Do you have a link or something?

I generally have a hard time finding source code for GNU projects. You follow the link and find an endless arrays of directories that I don't know what any of them mean.

I never know where to start looking either :)

Google?

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate
product, it's never an ideal choice. " -Ed (www.overclockers.com)
Reply to
Luc The Perverse

Ummm that would probably be the source code :-)

Good guess :-)

- Daniel

*    Daniel Franklin - Lecturer in Computer Engineering
*    University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia  *  d.franklin at ieee.org
Daniel Franklin