Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons

Hi, I would like to design some applications to use VoIP, possiblely
secure VoIP.

Where can I find some reviews/comparisons of the different packages
available?  If possible I would like to find something that has
interoperable clients in Linux and Windows.

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate

www.skype.com

I *think* it has an API for external programs to access.  Works well on
both Linux and (spit) windows.

--
Nobby

Re: Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons

Although you did say GNU, which it clearly isn't. :-)

--
Nobby

Re: Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons

Well if it's free . . . then what's to complain about!

I may have said GNU, but what I meant was worthwhile, usable, zero
cost (even if part of a resold package), customizable utility :)
Sorry for not specifying.

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate
Re: Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons

I haven't used many packages, but I use Asterisk right now and love it.
  It took only two hours to create a phone interface to our job tracking
system.

Jon
----
Learn to program using Linux assembly language
http://www.cafeshops.com/bartlettpublish.8640017

Re: Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons

Do you have a link or something?

I generally have a hard time finding source code for GNU projects.
You follow the link and find an endless arrays of directories that I
don't know what any of them mean.

I never know where to start looking either :)

Google?

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate
Re: Unbiased GNU VoIP Comparisons
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.development.apps.]

http://www.asterisk.org

http://directory.fsf.org

Ummm that would probably be the source code :-)

Good guess :-)

- Daniel
*    Daniel Franklin - Lecturer in Computer Engineering