uClibc, XLOCALE, __ctype_b

I've been beating my face against uClibc whilest trying to make an install disk for the last few days. The most recent of my woes is the uClibc libc.so.0 library, when compiled with extended locality support, missing the __ctype_b symbol.

It seems to contain a __C_ctype_b symbol and in the source I see that when extended locality support isn't compiled in __ctype_b usually just points to __C_ctype_b.

I came to be playing (as in smearing myself with katsup and playing with wild bears) with locality support after an installer failed to display a pretty install screen. Instead it coughed up a grotesque deformation of its normal self. It's based on newt and slang, and executes right after ash executes:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 export TERM LANG

/bin/unicode_start lat0-16

Has anyone here experience with locality support? Better yet, has anyone a cabin deep in the coastal mountains of B.C. and a stout woman of virtue true whome I could call my wife?

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Reply to
Sean

snip...

You compiled a component of what you were building against uClibc with extended locality turned off. Then you didn't rebuild it after turning it on again.

Idiot.

Sean

Reply to
Sean