buildroot with uclibc

hi all,

I'm trying to build a toolchain for crosscompiling for mips architecture.

I doenloaded the buildroot package from buildroot.uclibc.org (buildroot-0.9.27.tar.bz2 ) and, just to test it, made a

# make menuconfig

withouth changing anything, and then a

# make

the result I expected from what is written in the documentation should be a toolchain for i386.

The problem is that it stops almost immediategly with the error make[1]: /home/giammy/working/buildroot/buildroot/build_i386/staging_dir/bin/i386-linux-uclibc-gcc: Command not found

it seems it is looking for a i386-linux-uclibc-gcc compiler, but should it be what trhe buildroot builds.

From the documentation I could not get ideas of where I'm failing:

any idea (or link to documentatiomn/howto?)

thanks giammy

Reply to
giangiammy