Timesys 2.4.21 Realtime Kernel and XFree86 4.0.3

I have Timesys 2.4.21 realtime kernel mounted using nfs on a Ampro
Littleboard 700 SBC (Single Board Computer)
(http://www.ampro.com/assets/applets/LittleBoard_700_Datasheet.pdf ).
This SBC has Integrated S3 Graphics ProSavage PN133 controller with AGP
4X. The graphics chip is VIA8606.

I want to run X for some graphics application. I tried to install
XFree86 versions 4.2.x, 4.3.0 and 4.4.0, but all in vain. I was
however, successful in installing XFree86-4.0.3 with glibc-2.1 for this
realtime kernel. The problem is I am not able to start X. So I searched
the internet for this graphics card and I came across this site from S3
Graphics site which provides linux drivers.
(http://ranger.s3graphics.com/viaarena/380drv ). After manually changing
the XFree86Config file, I'm still not able to startx.

Can anyone please try to help me on the following?
1) Any previous experience of using XFree86 on Timesys 2.4.21 kernel on
any machine?
2) Any dependencies that I might be overlooking because of which I'm
not able to startx?
3) Any driver for this S3 Graphics ProSavage PN133 card which I can use
with XFree86-4.0.3 and successfully startx?

The experts could throw some light on these issues.

TIA
Shireesh

Re: Timesys 2.4.21 Realtime Kernel and XFree86 4.0.3
Is Timesys not supported appropriately by the vendor ?

-Michael

Site Timeline