setting the environment for the m68k-elf-gcc toolchain

Hi

I'm trying to write an ADC driver for my ColdFire Board that runs on uClinux. For this, i have installed the toolchain : m68k-elf-gcc from the uClinux site.

My question, though pretty elementary is, how can I be sure that when i run my make file, it is invoking the m6k-elf-gcc compiler than the regular standard gcc compiler ??

I have added the uClinux toolchain to the PATH variable. What can I do to check that this compiler is being invoked for the compilatoin ???

cheers

krish

Reply to
techie.embedded

Next time, if you have to ask the same question in several newsgroups, please cross-post instead of posting to each group separately.

The compiler is picked by your make file, either explicitly (like 'gcc') or implicitly (set by the CC= macro). For details, please get the documentation for make and read it. The GNU make documents can be found at

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to