rootfs.gz growing too big...

I have a rootfs.gz file that is used for my root file system in an embedded system. I've been mounting it and adding things as I go watching it get bigger and bigger. I copied a large file on it and it grew too big. So, I deleted the file and it stayed the same size. Is ther a way to make it smaller again???

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
rhunnicutt

One way would be to start over again with an empty rootfs and copy everything from your old rootfs to the new one. That should result in the new one being about as small as possible.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Gales

always put the needed libs and stripped lib&bin into rootfs(if not for debug purpose) write a shell to automate this action. BTW, PTXdist is a good tool to build root filesystem. you may try.

Reply to
robby.cai