Load testing and Abraham Lincoln

Once again I have occasion to test some software by sending several hundred bytes through it. Today it's to see how much power my board will consume while sending serial, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Whenever I need to do this, I pay homage to Abe Lincoln by finding a copy of the Gettysburg Address, putting it in a string, and feeding it through my interface.

Not only is it the Best Speech Ever, but I always get a tickle to my irony-bone by the phrase "the world will little note nor long remember what is said here, ..."

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Back when one had to be concerned about copper thieving on PCBs, I turned a large portion of the back side of one board into the porter's soliloquy from Macbeth.

Rob Gaddi

Schweet!

My mic-check routine is to use the first part of the Gettysburg Address.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

I like to use parts of Excelsior! by H.W. Longfellow for mic/pa testing.

"The shades of night were falling fast as through an Alpine village passed a youth, who bore mid snow and ice, a banner with the strange device - Excelsior!"

lol!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

In my youth i used the Heart Mantra as test packets. I figure that was like turning a prayer wheel at 56kbps. Later I upgraded to 10Gbps.

Reply to
mac