PCMCIA without Card Services

I'm trying to build a kernel with components that will
allow and IDE interface through the MPC8xx PCMCIA controller.
I have a compact flash connected to the PCMCIA interface.

The PCMCIA controller is configured by the bootloader (u-boot).

In the kernel (v 2.4.26), I have the following configured:
CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MPC8xx_IDE=y
CONFIG_IDE_8xx_PCCARD=y

On bootup, I get:
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00beta4-2.4
ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
idebus=xx

It seems that m8xx_ide_init_hwif_ports() never gets called to do the
further initialization.

Why would this be the case?
Am I missing an important CONFIG_ ??

Thanks in advance,
- Mike

Re: PCMCIA without Card Services
To my knowledge, PCMCIA without cardservices just recently debuted in
kernel 2.6.12-rc3-mm1. I don't think you can do that with 2.4

:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer   snipped-for-privacy@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358       Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie

Re: PCMCIA without Card Services

Thanks, Mickey.

I've seen references to this cofiguration and at first glance, it
appears to be talking about v 2.4 kernel.  Or so it appears so by
the kernel config variables that are being used...one of which I know
was obsoleted in 2.6....namely  CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_MODES
referenced in the document:

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxPCCardSupport

Anyways, I got around my original problem another way and I'm going to
continue using CardServices.

Thanks alot,
- Mike

Re: PCMCIA without Card Services
Actually, as it turns out, I may still need to do this without Card
Services.

Does anybody have any information on this... which kernel versions
support it?

Thanks,
- Mike

Site Timeline