Opportunities for Linux Kernel Programmers at AppLabs, Hyderabad

About AppLabs:

AppLabs is a global IT services company specializing in software
testing, development and certification solutions. The company employs
around 1,500 people located across the US, UK and India. The company
is headquartered in Philadelphia, USA.

With over a decade of experience, AppLabs has grown in both
reputation
and size to become a leading testing partner for technology companies
around the world. The company's philosophy - 'First in Quality' -
underscores every aspect of how it engages with customers to ensure
business excellence. AppLabs is the only CMMI Level 5 appraised
software testing company in the world..

AppLabs works for brand leaders across the globe; some of whom
include
American Airlines, American Stock Exchange, Cisco, VISA, SAP, Royal
Bank of Scotland and National Australia Bank. AppLabs also works with
world-class partners, including: AT&T, Cisco Systems, HP, IBM, Sun
Microsystems, Mercury, Computacenter, Cap Gemini, and Compuware.

To know more about AppLabs, please visit www.applabs.com

We are looking for Software Engineers/ Sr. Software Engineers/
Partner
Engineers/ Certification Engineers with below skills:

Experience Levels: 3 yrs to 7 yrs

- Programming experience in Linux Kernel
- Very good experience in 'C' / C++
- Should have worked on Device Drivers
- Networking Exposure
- Should hold good experience in Linux Internals

NOTE: Please send responses to snipped-for-privacy@applabs.com with a
Subject note as in "Google Groups - Linux"

Please forward your resumes ASAP with your Current Salary, Expected
Salary and Joining Time.

All the above positions require excellent communication and problem
solving skills

All the positions are based in Hyderabad and selected candidates have
to relocate.

Kind Regards,
Shirish Varma
Human Resources
+91 991 916 5625
snipped-for-privacy@applabs.com

Re: Opportunities for Linux Kernel Programmers at AppLabs, Hyderabad

| AppLabs is a global IT services company specializing in software
| testing, development and certification solutions. The company employs
| around 1,500 people located across the US, UK and India. The company
| is headquartered in Philadelphia, USA.

[...]

| All the positions are based in Hyderabad and selected candidates have
| to relocate.

So basically, you have found all the people you need in the US and UK,
but there is a shortage of good people in India?

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
Re: Opportunities for Linux Kernel Programmers at AppLabs, Hyderabad

Wow, India is outsourcing!

Re: Opportunities for Linux Kernel Programmers at AppLabs, Hyderabad

Some companies from India have been buying software companies in
Europe.

In an interview on TV here in Finland, the CEO of the buyer said that
while India uses very much resources to produce people for the
IT-sector, most are not qualified enough for the jobs in that company,
so they have to expand into other countries.

Based on the large number of questions from this region in this
newsgroup, in which the person clearly had no clue _at_all_ what
he/she was doing, it would appear that the educational institutions
India are more interested in quantity than quality.

Paul

Site Timeline