Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application

Hiiiii ,

I am able to flash the Micromonitor on Flash memory and able to boot it

up on a board which has ColdFire as its heart.
But, the Umon is not completely loaded. :(

But, It goes into a State of Monitor that is not normal.
That is it does not match the INITIALIZE condition (This i found when i

traced through the code to find the reason for exception).  Why does it

happen ?

But, anyhow the prompt 'uMon>' comes correctly.

Further, when i try to integrate the application with the Umon -> That
is calling the application .elf file sequentially after the loading of
the umon by changing the source code,  I find that the Application is
not getting loaded completely and it is not getting invoked properly.
It shows the errors like :

MALLOC  Error : Heap Corrupted at Entry 0
-
-
MALLOC  Error : Heap Corrupted at Entry 16

Kindly share some info / solutions with me with respect to these above
issues.

Tons of Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application
[...]

Karthik,
Sounds like your uMon port isn't complete.  Did you figure out why the
initial state isn't correct?   No sense going further until that's
resolved.
This is probably best discussed on the MicroMonitor email list.
Ed

Re: Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application
Hi Ed Sutter,

Yes, i have solved that initialisation issues . Your info was really
very helpful to me. Thankyou for your info. Now, I am into integration
of the application with the Umon and resolving some issues w.r.t it.

Thankyou for the responses in the Micromonitor mail list.

For the above , I had cygwin environment for porting Umon and that
looks almost fine now .

Now i am playing with Compilation of Umon in Code warrior environment
so that it would be easy for debugging. I have resolved the compilation
issues.

But, i would like to know the critical things that i need to take into
consideration as there might be compiler dependencies that may hit at
later stage in the effective functionality of Umon .

Have you tried in Codewarrior environment and have some info with
respect to it.

Kindly share some info w.r.t the above stuffs.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Micrmonitor (Umon bootloader) for booting an application
Hi Ed Sutter,

I am able to compile/link the Umon well in Codewarrior environment now.
I think, this would ease the debugging the integration of the
application with Umon on Coldfire.

Did resolve lot of issues w.r.t Compiler dependencies.
Typecast,,, assembly and c mixing. putting macros in files etc..

LDT files in the place of LCF files .

Now Umon boots up and  I am able to see the 'UMON>' prompt now and able
to do
some basic commands.

But, still the TFS is showing some problem.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Karthik Balaguru

Site Timeline