Bypassing Boot ROM after Reset

Hi,

I find that after Power ON or Soft Reset - The bootrom is getting loaded . But, i would like to bypass the bootrom . Is there a type of RESET so that after reset, it will not branch to the Boot ROM ? But it will branch to the entry point of the Bootloader .

I use OMAP 5912 Processor.

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

Hi,

I find that after Power ON or Soft Reset - The bootrom is getting loaded . But, i would like to bypass the bootrom . Is there a type of RESET so that after reset, it will not be branching to the Boot ROM but, it will be branching to the entry point of the Bootloader ?

I use OMAP 5912 Processor.

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbg

Perhaps the OMAP 5912 Processor's documentation will answer your question. In other words, do your own homework.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Littell

Hi, I find that if i design by bypassing the boot ROM, then the bootloader will not get copied to the RAM from the Flash. The Boot ROM has the basic OMAP intialisaton stuffs and is copying the Bootloader from the Flash to RAM , then it invokes the bootloader in RAM. The Bootloader is required to copy my application from Flash to RAM and invoke the application in RAM.

So, I think, I cannot bypass Boot ROM . (That is , I cannot Branch to Bootloader Entry point directly after RESET).

But, I think, the following is possible - Making the Bootlaoder to execute in Flash itself:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would like to execute the Bootloader from the Flash Memory itself (Execute in Place - XIP ). The bootloader CMD files have the RAM memory mapping as it was designed to execute in RAM. So, the CMD files of the Bootloader has to be changed . But, How to make the Bootloader to Execute from the Flash Memory itself ?

Kindly let me know your ideas / suggestions.