Bypassing Boot ROM after Reset

I find that after Power ON  or  Soft Reset - The bootrom is getting
loaded .
But, i would like to bypass the bootrom .
Is there a type of RESET so that after reset, it will not branch to the
Boot ROM  ?
But it will branch to the entry point of the Bootloader .

I use OMAP 5912 Processor.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Bypassing Boot ROM after Reset
Hi,

I find that after Power ON  or  Soft Reset - The bootrom is getting
loaded .
But, i would like to bypass the bootrom .
Is there a type of RESET so that after reset, it will not be branching
to the Boot ROM
but, it will be branching to the entry point of the Bootloader  ?

I use OMAP 5912 Processor.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Re: Bypassing Boot ROM after Reset

Perhaps the OMAP 5912 Processor's documentation will answer your
question.  In other words, do your own homework.

Dave

Re: Bypassing Boot ROM after Reset

I find that if i design by bypassing the boot ROM, then the bootloader
will not get copied to the RAM from the Flash. The Boot ROM has the
basic OMAP intialisaton stuffs and is copying the Bootloader from the
Flash to RAM , then it invokes the bootloader in RAM.
The Bootloader is required to copy my application from Flash to RAM and
invoke the application in RAM.

So, I think, I cannot bypass Boot ROM . (That is , I cannot Branch to
Bootloader Entry point directly after RESET).

But, I think, the following is possible  - Making the Bootlaoder to
execute in Flash itself:
I would like to execute the Bootloader from the Flash Memory itself
(Execute in Place - XIP ).
The bootloader CMD files have the RAM memory mapping as it was designed
to execute in RAM.
So, the CMD files of the Bootloader has to be changed .
But, How to make the Bootloader to Execute from the Flash Memory itself
?

Kindly let me know your ideas / suggestions.

Thx in Advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Site Timeline