kaffe and jikes

Hi all,

I'm porting kaffe to an embedded mips machine.
I corrctly compiled version 1.1.2, but stopped
with 1.1.6 as it needs jikes.

Is the a way to compile kaffe without using Jikes?

thanks
giammy
--
Gianluca Moro             Visit  http://ilpinguino.altervista.org /
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com      MyBlog http://blog.libero.it/giangiammy /

Re: kaffe and jikes

Are you cross-compiling? Or compiling directly on the mips machine?

Jikes compiles to java bytecode. The result should be portable to all
platforms.

best regards
Wolfgang

Re: kaffe and jikes
Thanks for the info,

I'm compiling natively on a mips machine, anyway,
I have taken the rt.jar compiled on Pc and put on the MIPS
machine.
Now kaffe  is running, configured with the line attached,
and execute java programs with textual I/O.
With graphical output, I get the following error:

java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit:
gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit

My system is a
 Linux 172.16.31.161 2.4.21-pre4 #253 Fri Feb 11 15:39:14 CET 2005 mips
unknown unknown GNU/Linux
running with Nano-X (microwindows-0.90)

I think I'm missing some file or libraries: do you
have any idea where to look for?

thanks
giammy

the configure line:

export JIKESPROG=/usr/local/kaffe/bin/javac ;./configure
--with-jikes=no --with-engine=intrp  --enable-pure-java-math
--without-esd --without-kaffe-x-awt --without-classpath-gtk-awt
--with-kaffe-nanox-awt --with-jikes=no
--with-rt-jar=/home/AMDgiammy/kaffe-1.1.6/libraries/javalib/rt.jar

Re: kaffe and jikes
the problem seem to be the missing libgtkpeer.so:
the problem is that my platform has just nano-X:
do I need to give some runtime options to kaffe to
tell it to use nano-X? or am I missin a compile time
options?

by the way, in kaffe.1.1.6 I have
 classpath-gtk
 classpath-qt
where there's  the gtkpeer library, but there's not
a classpath-nano-x. Is this correct? nanoX do not need
a peer library?

bye
giammy
--