instruction access exception at RFI instruction

Hi, I am porting Linux 2.4.27 on a powerpc MPC8248 based board. Board Details: Memory Region Size Address Range Port Size SDRAM 32MByte 0000_0000 -- 01FF_FFFF 64 bit InternalMemory 384KByte F000_0000 -- 0F05_FFFF PCI 1GByte 1000_0000 -- 4FFF_FFFF 32 bit Flash 32MByte FF00_0000 -- FFFF_FFFF 32 bit

1.SDRAM device size is 16MByte and 32 bit wide .We have used two SDRAMs for total size of 32MByte and 64bit wide.(P/N:MT48LC4M32B2TG-6) 2.Flash device size is 8MByte and 16 bit wide. We have used two Flashes for total size of 16MByte and 32bit wide. (P/N: M29W640DB90N6T)

I am using Metrowerks CodeWarrior to debug our kernel code.So code execution when reaches to : /* Now turn on the MMU for real! */ li r4,MSR_KERNEL FIX_SRR1(r4,r5) lis r3,start_kernel@h ori r3,r3,start_kernel@l mtspr SRR0,r3 mtspr SRR1,r4 SYNC

--> RFI this part at instruction "RFI" execution reaches to Instruction access exception and never come back to start_kernel funtion.. Beside these things when i simply look into logbuffer It shows:0 OOPs:Kernel Access of Bad area sig: and sometime it shows pagefault:

Please help me . I am really struggling .If anyone needs more info ,please ask. Thanks, Regards prabhat

Reply to
prabhat_singh