Jump instruction

why a jump instrucion is costly for the CPU. Is it because of cache misses happened immediately after the jum instruction.

Reply to
badal_akr

It's because the pipeline has to be flushed.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

Because it requires the vector calculation.

ali

Reply to
Ali

What exactly vector calculation mean, is it for the address calculation. my another doubt is in branch instruction also vector calculation happen but branch is not of much expense compare to the jump. any clue on this?

Reply to
badal_akr

He was telling you to go and do your own homework. Read books, search the web, or ask your teacher - we are not here to do your work for you. You won't get many useful homework answers here unless you are asking a particularly interesting question.

It's also worth taking some more English classes before asking in international groups (or find some other group or forum in your own language). We tolerate a fair amount of language mistakes, but it's impossible to make sense of your posts when you simply scatter a selection of technical terms on a page with no clue as to their meaning, and then apparently connect them with random words from a dictionary.

Reply to
David Brown

calculation.

happens

Hi if you understand my doubt or question then answer, here i am not forcin you to answer my questions, then why are you taking so much pain.

Reply to
badal_akr

This exchange pretty well sets a new peak for impossibility, lack of comprehensibility, and total uselessness.

 [page]:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

men with sticks how far to jump? the post is top

Reply to
andrew queisser