initrd

After a new linux installation, i'm unable to boot with previous
installed linux.
This is because previous installed initrd is overwritten with new
initrd.

How do I fix this in order to boot with previous linux installation.

Thanks in advance.

Nilesh

Re: initrd

| After a new linux installation, i'm unable to boot with previous
| installed linux.
| This is because previous installed initrd is overwritten with new
| initrd.
|
| How do I fix this in order to boot with previous linux installation.

The new initrd is not compatible with the old kernel?  You need to
install the combination of all old components.  That, or redesign
the components to be incrementally compatible.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN (ka9wgn.ham.org)  /  Do not send to the address below |
Re: initrd
This is the way I fix it:
* boot from CD (knoppix)
* mount filesystem
* chroot
* mkinitrd (after correcting /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf)
Hope it helps.

wimpunk

Site Timeline