I/O Port Address 0xA78

Hi all,

What device is assigned the I/O Port address of 0xA78 ?

In my machine I'm getting a MCA Error at this Port Address.

If anyone has answer please reply.

Regards Sudhakar V

Reply to
Sudhakar Velusamy

Sudhakar Velusamy napisa?(a):

did you try dmsg | grep 0xA78 ? To me it could be i.e. serial port

thx, FO

Reply to
Fibre Optic

The old ISA bus only decodes 10 address bits, so the max io address could be

0x3FF. Your address is 0xA78. To avoid conflicts some devices are using additional addresses outside the 0x3FF limit, but only using addresses that fit to their own addresses below 0x3FF. Do a 0xA78 & 0x3FF and you will get 0x278. Voila: The LPT. So 0xA78 belongs to this device. Maybe ECP/EPP? But you wrote "MCA Error". Maybe I'm wrong. Do you have an MCA-based system?

JB

Reply to
Juergen Beisert