how 2 compile individual C files inside kernel source

I have to compile individual files for ex:
/usr/src/linux/net/ethernet/eth.c to get eth.o.  It has many
dependencies, how to solve them?  Do we need to write any script 2
compile that or .....????

If anybody know abt this,

then please reply.

thanks in advance,

Gopal

Re: how 2 compile individual C files inside kernel source

Please tell what you're trying to achieve. If you could
compile the source, what are you going to use the object
file for?

It is not possible to exchange a single file in the kernel
without having a compatible set of other kernel pieces, so
the result of exchanging a single object code file would
probably lead to an undesired end result.

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: how 2 compile individual C files inside kernel source

Touch file file and then do a "make" in the main kernel source
directory.

No idea what you're asking.

No.  Use make.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  This MUST be a good
                                  at               party -- My RIB CAGE is