HardHat LSPs - how to find out which kernel dist version they derive from?

I have a HardHat3.0 PowerPC LSP mcp750-2.4.18_mvl30. It's based off some version of 2.4.18. Anyone know exactly which version tag? Is it one of the v2.4.18-preN prereleases from BitKeeper at penguinppc.org?

Thanks

-Jim

Reply to
Jim Chapman

MVL isn't based off of one architecture kernel tree. It merges the "best" stuff from all the architecture development trees (PPC, ARM, etc), the various subsystem trees (MTD, I2C, etc), various patches that float around, and the kernel.org releases. include/asm-ppc/* and arch/ppc/* in MVL will look similar to the BK PPC development trees from months before it is released.

Let's see...that means you'd want to look back at least a year in the PPC BK tree of choice (linuxppc_2_4_devel at that time).

-Matt

Reply to
Matt Porter