Control aircondition from computer

Hi,

Does it exist simple interface boxes which enable a computer to control airconditioners via IR remote control signals.

I imagine a box with ethernet or RS232/422 interface and IR LEDs pointing at the airconditioner. Via a simple API one can set the temperature and switch on/off the airconditioner from the computer.

Thanks for comments if anyone here have heard about or know about such devices

Thanks in advance

regards

geir

Reply to
Geir Holmavatn

IR remote is one way only. The operator is the feedback loop, usually by looking at the air conditionor temperature display. The computer cannot do that easily.

I am building temperature sensors/actuacters with 315MHz RF such as:

They have much higher data rate then the 20b/s of X10.

Reply to
linnix

What about the management for these controls...?

regards

geir

Reply to
Geir

Each node (uC w/ sensors and actuacters) can transmit and receive. I might use 434MHz as well. Right now, I am waiting for these 315MHz modules. As soon as I get them, I can figure out if the frequency can be changed, perhaps with different crystals.

Reply to
linnix