Which ARM9 with LCD controller, ethernet, etc

Which ARM has: LCD controller 1024x768 Ethernet uarts, etc min. 200 MHz

I need a demo board.

Thank you

--
Træt af Outlook Express?
Prøv MesNews: http://LexInfo.dk/MesNews/

Atmel At91SAM9261,9263 Netsilicon NS9750

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Frank-Christian Krügel

Reply to
Frank-Christian Kruegel

1024 * 768 => 90 MB/Second which is a significant part of the memory bandwidth of a 200 MHz CPU with a 100 MHz bus.

The SAM9261 does not have an Ethernet controller.

The SAM9263 has a secondary bus, but if you try to run SDRAM on the bus, you will lose the Ethernet due to the pin multitplexing. If you run a 40 MHz PSRAM, then your bandwidth is too small.

You will be better off with the forthcoming AT91SAM9G40. This will provide you with a secondary bus with an DDR-II.interface.

Check availability with your local Atmel representative.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Hi,

May be the LPC3250 from NXP is worth a look. It has the features you are asking for. I also found some information about a demoboard from Phytec on the LPC2000 website. Some quick links for the device

and for the related board (and other tools)

Cheers, Der Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA

An Schwob in the USA:

That were the one I found. I were interested to know if there were obvius alternatives. I think I stick to that.

Thank you!

Reply to
im

Samsung S3C2410 (ARM920T) 266MHz LCD controller 1024x768 Ethernet

32M SDRAM, 64M NandFlash watchdog Audio JTAG ...
Reply to
peter_H

"im" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@no.no...

Just because that the H/W "supports" 1024 x 768 doesnt mean that it will run without problems. With 16 bits per pixel and a 60 fps update rate you need ~100MB/s A 200 MHz ARM926 will typically run with a 100 MHz AHB bus, providing a maximum throughput of 400 MB per second. Due to overhead, the real bandwidth will be lower than that, but my guess would be maybe 250 MB/s real throughput.

You can get the 1024 x 768 running in the lab to show a display, but if you overload the bus like this, you are likely to see all kinds of failures due to lack of bus bandwidth, including lost Ethernet packets and flickering screens.

Marvell PXA2xx also "supports" high resolution, yet many people redesign their PXA board with an LCD controller in an external FPGA, once they have seem the performance.

The AT91SAM9G40 and AT91SAM9263 LCD controllers "supports" 2048 x 2048 displays, but for large displays you have the secondary bus, which will offload the primary bus.' The SAM9263 is not a good solution for a dual bus system, since the secondary bus is limited to 800 x 600 if you want to keep the 10/100 Ethernet (pin mux problem),but it should be as good as the NXP part if you want to have a single bus.

Be prepared to redesign with an external LCD controller, if you have a single bus system...

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

While a CRT would definitively need at least 60 fps, do you really need such frame rates on the LCD, if live video or gaming is not required ?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

"Paul Keinanen" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The Hitachi LCD displays on the AT91 kits seems to use this frequency. Not sure about the exact partnumber, but a device in the family is:

This needs 52-68 Hz.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Ulf,

totally agree with your statements. Providing the required resolution does not necessarily mean you can run some sort of video there. I would also agree with your calculation of the bus-bandwidth. A device that would require streaming video and let's assume this coming through Ethernet could have serious problems, if 208 MHz and a bus with theoretical 400 MB/s bandwidth is all there is. The requirements were just like a brief copy from the data sheet.

An Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in the USA