GNOME on embedded devices

Dear friends,
Does any embedded single board computers (approx 300Mhz)  running
GNOME? I think GNOME is very huge to run on 32bit microprocessors and
may have also disk space constraints.

Does GNOME ported to any embedded platforms?

If ported, what can be the best minimal installation possible? (like
core modules required for GNOME).

I request you to share some ideas and pointers on the above subject.

Regards,
Suresh Chandra Mannava.

Re: GNOME on embedded devices

If you are looking for a free and sophisticated  GUI for embedded devices, I
suggest you take a look at Opie: http://opie.handhelds.org

Maybe this helps.

Oliver
Oliver Fels
Re: GNOME on embedded devices

I'm running mozilla 1.0.1 with a redhat 8.0 distribution. When I go to
opie.handhelds.org the mozilla aplications crashes. Not in the windows
style of crash, just a nice orderly linex style terminate the app type
of thing. I'll admit I have not spent any time searching for the core
file and figuring it out or I could just upgrade and forget it. I was
just wondering if anyone else may have seen this or if there might be
something the site owner could or would want to do to make his site
"more friendly":-)

I would be interested in knowing the problem since when I get my site up
I want it to be friendly to as many free(as in free speech) and open(I'm
being redundent) applications as possible.

Al

Re: GNOME on embedded devices

With mozilla 1.5 no problem => update your browser.

--
    __
   /  `                       Eric Valette

Al

Re: GNOME on embedded devices
On 26 Dec 2003 01:47:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (suresh chandra

If GBOME is too huge to run on 32bit processors, we've got some
serious problems.

Yes.  Now define what your definition of "embedded platform" is, and
ask if GNOME runs on it?

Are you speaking about the entire GNOME desktop or just the GTK
libraries?  I've got GTK 2.0 onto a 32MB CF with no problems, using
twm as the window manager.

What _exactly_ are you trying to do?

--
Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
Software Engineer, ESA Technology

Re: GNOME on embedded devices

What about your processor frequency clock ?

Site Timeline