Global symbol suppression

We have a problem in our particular embedded environment where two
application are linked on together on and executed on a linux
platform.  The compilation tools are also only available on linux.
The problem is that our application and the other application both use
different versions of a particular library, and the linking seems to
get screwy.  So the application we cannot change bails out while
trying to resolve some symbols into our memory space.

Are there any tools available for linux that would resolve this sort
of symbol collision?  We've tried a number of linker options to no
avail.

Re: Global symbol suppression

Last resort:
Link your application with the static version of the library.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Global symbol suppression
Kevin,

If you are forced to use shared libraries, install both versions of the
required libraries on your target.

Juergen

Site Timeline