How do I get 'gettext' in a embedded Linux target?

Hi,

We are developing ARM/LInux applications and our program is using uclibc. The code which use 'gettext' as well as the Native-Language- Support can not linked and run until we copy a libintl.so to the cross- compilation enviroment and to the target. After that, however, even though the compiling was passwd, our program still can not switch to our expected language, but not error reported, just English text printed.

So I think, we did not properly setup the 'gettext' package. But I don't sure what steps I need to do. Would you please help me?

Thanks.

- narke

Reply to
Steven Woody

Those packages seem to be classics for breaking compilation in any slightly unusual environment.

No specific suggestions, but I assume your application works as expected when you build it for a mainstream x86 desktop linux distribution rather than for your embedded target?

Reply to
cs_posting

Yes, of course. I think, the problem is not 'breaking compilation', it just I missed something in my uclibc or kernel or the root fs of the target.

Reply to
Steven Woody