Chinese 7in ARM Netbook

I've been looking at these Chinese 7" netbooks with an ARM processor that can be found at eBay here:

They're a generic EPC OEM and they don't have a brand. However, these things have been selling rather well and for a skilled user I could see the usefulness of these things. I am looking to see if anyone has any previous experience with these netbooks and whether or not there is a Linux distribution currently out there that supports these systems.

The specs are as follows:

Performance

  • Processor Type: VIA ARM 32bit CPU * Processor Clock Speed :300M Hz * Processor/Manufacturer :VIA * Processor Model :VIA-ARM VT8500 * RAM/Technology: DRAM * RAM Installed Size :128M * Display Diagonal Size :7" TFT HD * Max Resolution :800x480 * Display Technology :TFT * Graphics Type :Integrated Graphics

Storage and Expansion

  • Hard Drive Type :NAND Fast Flash * Hard Drive Capacity :2GB * Hard Drive Spindle Speed :NAND Fast Flash * PCMCIA Expansion :1x SDCard slot

Input/Output Connectors

  • Ports :3x USB 2.0,1x SDCard slot,1xRJ45 * Audio/Video :Integrated Quadraphonic Speakers,1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Headphone/Line-Out,1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Microphone,Input 1x Integrated Microphone

Communications

  • Networking/Data Link Protocol :Fast Ethernet,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE
802.11g * Wireless Connection :Wifi * Wireless Protocol :802.11 a/b/g

General

  • Product Type :Notebook * Model :901 * Operating System :WinCE * Pointing Device :TrackPad * Battery Type :1800mAH smart lithium-ion batteries * Power Device Type :AC, DC can DC can car charger * Color :Black , white, silver&black * Dimensions /W*D*H :212mmx142mmx28mm * Net Weight :0.65kg

Package include:

  • 1 x mini laptop * 1 x AC adapter * 1 x user's manual * 1 x packing box
--
Thanks,
Fox

Apologies, The correct eBay URL is as follows:

Thanks,
Fox
Reply to
Dark Fox