embedded programming

Hello group,

What takes to change a career from high-level software programming to
embedded programming in Linux?

It is a while I have started learning Linux and digital design.
However, still not sure if I'm on a right track. My goal is to getting
to a level of programming in Linux to work in embedded field. Would
you please advise me on this?

Thanks,
Amit

Re: embedded programming

Well decide first what field ... you have three options:
1. Embedded application programming. (C/C++ .. requires very little or
no knowledge of hardware. But still very close to the operating
system. Similar to WIN32 API programming)
2. Embedded device driver programming. (mostly C ... requires lot of
hardware and digital knowledge. Though you
are closer to the hardware and you are far away from high level system
design.)
3. Linux kernel programming.

Re: embedded programming

Thanks. any books or online resources?

Regards,
Amit

Re: embedded programming

What is your professional background?
What platform/language are you working on currently?

- Kaustubh

Site Timeline