Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- embedded programming
October 29, 2007, 12:19 am
rate this thread
What takes to change a career from high-level software programming to
embedded programming in Linux?
It is a while I have started learning Linux and digital design.
However, still not sure if I'm on a right track. My goal is to getting
to a level of programming in Linux to work in embedded field. Would
you please advise me on this?
Re: embedded programming
Well decide first what field ... you have three options:
1. Embedded application programming. (C/C++ .. requires very little or
no knowledge of hardware. But still very close to the operating
system. Similar to WIN32 API programming)
2. Embedded device driver programming. (mostly C ... requires lot of
hardware and digital knowledge. Though you
are closer to the hardware and you are far away from high level system
3. Linux kernel programming.
- » Crosscompiling for ARM: reloc type R_ARM_ABS32 is not supported for PIC - ...
- — Newest thread in » Embedded Linux
- » Samstag ist Antennentag - 2 parallele Dipole mit Phasenverschiebung der Speisung
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics (German)