directFB problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to run the Links browser via DirectFB:
I compiled both Links and DirectFB,
links was compiled with
./configure --with-directfb --without-x --enable-graphics
--enable-javascript

The system is s linux 2.4.21, with framebuffer active: I see
the penguin logo, and I'm able to run microwindows, so I think
the kernel framebuffer is OK.

When I start links I get the message:

Could not initialize graphics driver fb:
Could not get VT mode.

I'm using the following /etc/directfbrc

system=fbdev
mode80%0x600
depth16%
banner
no-hardware
no-vt-switching
mouse-protocol=MS3

and the following /etc/fb.modes:

mode "800x600x16"
        geometry 800 600 800 600 16
        timings 39721 48 16 33 10 96 2
endmode

mode "800x600"
        geometry 800 600 800 600 16
        timings 39721 48 16 33 10 96 2
endmode

Any idea where to look for?

thanks
giammy

Re: directFB problem
hi,

I found something, i think: the framebuffer initilaization
seems to fail as it cannot initialize the mouse
(Cannot open GPM mouse).
Now I'm trying to check it: if I open the mouse
as
gpm -t /dev/ts
the gpm daemon correctly starts ...

I'll let you know if I find something ...

bye

Site Timeline