Creating new machine types for make config ...

I am porting to a new board we are building (Dual Power PC 750gx and a Marvel 6370.) This is, as will be obvious from the question :-( my first port. I have copied several machine dependant files under arch/ppc/platform/ to new names named for my platform. How do I get this "machine type" to show up when I run make config? Or better yet is there a document that explains how this works?

I have searched using google and read lots of stuff under documentation/ but I must be looking for the wrong terms because I just haven't found anything about new platforms or machine support as it related to make config.

Thanks,

Clay

Reply to
clay douglass

Oops, meant Marvell MV64360 not that it's germane to the questions.

Reply to
clay douglass