CF & FAT code

Hello,

I'm struggling with emplementing a FAT16 file system on top of Compact Flash (CF). Any working code or examples are most welcome. The code work in the sectors that belong to the first cylinder, but attempts to read or write to the other cylinders(sectors outside of the first cylinder) fails.

Ideas, examples, and working boards embedded +CF socket, are most welcome. Any other device drivers for CF, such as wireless ethernet, cameras, etc are also of interest to my nood_a_ling round with these code fragments.

Assembler or C is OK. I'm currently using a microchip 18F.

James

Reply to
James

Using an FC you should use LBA mode (linear block addressing). Here you don't need to bother with cylinders.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

hello

hmm...

i did not found anything but here is a site that maybe help you:

MMilitsch

Reply to
Marco Militsch