Hi Friends,

I have set up the AT91RM9200-EK board.and I have transfered a dataflash image which i got in the BSP cd.This image contains u- boot.bin,2.4.19-rmk7.bZimage and RFS.So upon loading this dataflash image using TFTP the board is successfully booting up.And after that compiled a sample helloworld program using crosstool chain installed from arm-2007q1(codesourcery.com). But now i am not able to load this binary application file into board.can anybody please help in this mainly I have these doubts.

1.Whether i have to load this binary file into Flash ROM or into DRAM or into any external flash. 2 .The procedure to load it.

Thanks in advance........

Reply to
thiru.258

I haven't worked with this board, but the following comments will apply to many.

It depends on your setup, where your root file system is, what functionality you got enabled in your shell etc... In general you can run apps fro ROM or RAM.

1.a. If your Root file system is on a NFS server, it is very easy to do. Just copy the compiled application binary in to somewhere in your NFS root tree (eg: /) and run it using your target. (Highly recommend doing it this way until you are confident) 1.b. If your Root file system is on a Ramdisk stored on the flash, you need to find how the ramdisk is created and put the app in there before building the ramdisk root image. 1.c An easier (volatile) alternate will be to - telnet in to target system

- create a directory to mount a ramdrive (eg: mkdir /mnt/myramdrive)

- mount a variable ramdrive in to that (eg: mount -t ramfs none /mnt/ myramdrive -o maxsize=8000)

- copy your application over FTP/TFTP/SMB/SSH in to that directory

- run it Note : that the ramdrive is volatile. It would not last a reboot.

Obviously the above is a general answer for a general question. Cheers J

Reply to
Janaka