Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What happens when a flourescent ballast "goes out"?
It seems to me that a flourescent ballast is probably just a transformer and a high-voltage electrolytic cap. And when it "goes out" it's probably because the cap failed. If these are true, could I...
14
14

what is your opinion about original and fake?
In fact , fakes are everywhere. but why they cant be totally forbidded? and why still so many many B2B platforms exist? and the most important is why there still a very big market of fakes? all these...
1
1

I need ISD Digital Sound Recorder data sheet
Hai, I Am electronic hobbies and I need ISD Digital Sound Recorder data sheet for 10 to 60 second THX
1
1

Capacitors & conservation of charge
Hi all, While messing with buck/boost circuits I had some thoughts which don't hold up in real tests.... A simple example (aside from losses) is that if transfer energy from say 10V 10uF into 1uF the...
5
5

Rental PCI analyzer / stimulator?
I need to rent a 32-bit 33MHz PCI Analyzer / Stimulator. I've tried many of the usual supects, but no luck so far. Any idea where I might rent one (or alternatively, buy a used one cheap)? Thanks Pete
1
1

Desoldering question
I started doing hobby electronics again fairly recently, and recycling/ scavenging is a big draw for me. As it happens, my company throws away lots of useful stuff, and over the past year I've brought...
15
15

Newby Questions On Stand Alone DSL
A company that is not a phone co. offered a contract for stand alone DSL. 1) If DSL is always on, does that mean that you're connected to the Internet everytime the machine is booted up? Isn't there a...
4
4

Samsung 40 inch LCD TV
Hey guys , you know the latest reviews Samsung 40 inch LCD TV... Buy the Best in Samsung LCD TV from Amazon. Check out the 40 inch Samsung LCD TV reviews here by Consumers For the more info:

Engineers--ECM/ Electronically Commutated Motors--Career Position--WI - IN
Tom Gugger Independent Recruiter 419-537-9447 Engineers/ ECM- Electronically Commutated Motor/ Career Positions Our client has multiple openings for engineers with solid experience in the ECM area....
1
1

Bio Lab Question (Field Strength)
If I drive an A/C voltage into two parallel wires taped to either side of a magnolia leaf 4cm apart, how do I calculate/measure the electrical field strength? Can I just put JFET probes on either side...
6
6

100~300V 50~300KHz amplifier
I need amplify a 147KHz sinewave to 100~300V p-p. I was hoping to find something I could just connect to a function generator. Very low power, probably not even a watt, needs to drive 100~300V into a...
3
3

Java Microcontrollers
Can you get microcontrollers that are programmed with Java. All the onesi have found are programmed in basic assembly or C .
9
9

asfsaf
agasgeewwg

Urgently Needed: IBM Serial I/O Documents $100 Cash Reward
Gentlemen, We are looking for two IBM documents that are needed urgently for a project. They are titled "4680 Store Systems Serial I/O Channel Attachment Information" and "Serial I/O Product...

breadboarding
oh yeah!
13
13