Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

field effect transistors max frequency
How does one find the maximum frequency fets and mosfets can work as amplifiers? This parameter is commonly available for bipolar transistor in their data sheets but it's often unavailable for field...

Use old speakers out of a Sharp stereo
I recently got some speakers out of a Sharp stereo. I have no idea what the model of the stereo is, but if it is any help, EASJ10P14B3 SPF1759A I was wondering how I would rig it for use as regular...
3
3

ROBOTIX
Technology Robotix Society invites all robot enthusiasts to ROBOTiX2010 ROBOTiX is Asia's largest college level robotics fest held in IIT Kharagpur during it's mega technomanagement fest Ksitij from...

switching regulator with mcu
Hi to newsgroup I'm making a mcu based device which i want to be very small and low cost The design consumes 100..120 ma @ 3.3V The problem is the installation that requires 12 or 24 volts to operate....
51
51

Split an hex file!
Hi guys! Please i need support! I have an hex file and i need to split it in low bytes and high bytes. My eprom programmer just don't handle this function. Can anyone help me splitting the file in...
1
1

Laptop adapter plug gets extremely hot
This is very odd. Lately the plug that goes into my laptop gets extremely hot. Its the part at the end of the adapter with hard black plastic casing with a round metal cyclinder for the plug part....
1
1

Switching Circuit
Switching Circuit A buried wire between house and garage has only 3 conductors. How do you utilize them to provide both constant power from house to garage, and 3-way switching for lights in the...
40
40

color sensor standardization
Dear All, I have some confusion regarding measurement on color sensing instrument that measure colors of a liquid (Actually it is the one that I have made myself). For example if I measure the color...

Metal DC axial fans
Hello, I'm looking for a DC Axial cooling fan that is 80mm x 80mm x 25mm (could be 30 or 40mm too, the thickness isn't as important). The voltage could should be 12V, although 5V or 24 would work too....
1
1

Distribution SCADA
Distribution-SCADA Due to introduction of Availability Based Tariff (ABT) and Open Access Regulations for inter-state transmission, it becomes important to establish Supervisory Control and Data...

Sending a TV Signal 100-125'
I have an out building, workshop, about 100' from the house. We have a yagi antenna on the top of the house that has antenna motor to point it anywhere. It's really not in use, but it can be put into...
1
1

WTB LM7824 TO3
I need 1 LM7824 (24V reg) in a TO3 case. I have checked all the surpluses I have used, and done searches. If anyone has one they want to sell (for a reasonable price) please cont me @ items4sale AT...
2
2

Zune HD
The Zune HD is released tomorrow! Anyone else excited?
10
10

Very early LCD displays
I picked up some these curiosities in a car boot sale, no known history. Anyone have any info , particularly date. They are made of 2 sandwiched very thick 1/8 inch glass slabs with obvious epoxied...
3
3

Load panel terminology: stab?
It's used in a load panel sticker that says something like "do not put more than 150 amps on one stab". What's a "stab"?
32
32