Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Remote Controlled flashlight ??
I would like to be able to turn a flashlight on and off with a wireless remote from about 20' away (or so). I figured if I get one of those big plastic flashlights with the 6 volt battery there should...

DATUM TymServe 2000 Op/Sv Manual request
Hi, I`m looking for DATUM TymServe 2000 (TS2000-GPS) Network Time Server Operating/Service manual - Copy or download option. Tnx for any help. Maurizio - Italy

Structured wiring: fiber optic or not?
A friend is having a new roof put on his his 50-year-old, flat-roof home. This provides access to all kinds of new wiring possibilities for the structure. He wants to do 2xCAT6 and 2xRG-6 throughout....
14
14

Components Store
For new, obsolete, and hard to find components take a look at: New store! Adding more components, check often... Thank you for visiting!

TEKTRONIX 5403/D40 Oscilloscope -- Does It Work?
I bought a used Subject scope 10 years ago and really never used it, except to try it for simple tasks. It was probably beyond what I needed, but I knew the seller and the price was right. Time to...
2
2

Residental mains wiring questions (USA)
I am installing a new meter & load panel. The old panel is 50 feet from the new location. I'm going to install a junction box at the old location and splice new wires to run in conduit to the new...
46
46

the optimal battery
Battery technology is an active area of research, but an obvious question occurs to me: why is it, no one has determined the maximum possible energy/volume, and energy/weight? And from there, discover...
22
22

Brass to Steel & RFI
I Apologize. Occasionally I forget to put a Subject to my e-mails and News Group posts. I do hope though for a reply to my post ? Thanks, Wayne
1
1

Microcontrollers for sale
I have 120 (new in tubes) MC68HC705P6ACDW Microcontrollers 8 Bit 2.1MHz 4.5K OTP 28-SOIC from a bankruptcy auction. I will sell them at $4.00 each. I want to sell them as sets of 10 to make shipping...

PCB photo/etch chemicals
You might consider the Press'n'Peel Blue stuff, used with the laser printer toner transfer technique. The sheets should be shelf stable as long as they're kept in the package and away from dust,...
8
8

Can fluorescent light emitters be small enough for a monitor/screen?
Hi: Is it possible to make fluorescent light emitters that are small enough to be the Rs, Gs, and Bs of the pixels of monitors/screens? Currently most displays use the fluorescent light as a...
16
16

HELP:Measuring refresh rate of PCBs
Hi all, I built a simple circuit using te famous "sync separator" IC LM1881 in order to measure the refresh rate (Vsync) of JAMMA PCBs.I follow this scheme (but also the one form NATIONAL manufacturer...
2
2

How do GPS tracking devices work?
Specifically, how do they transmit if they are, for example, inside a shipping container? Is there a hole drilled for an antenna? Or a fiberglas patch made to replace some of the steel top or side?...
14
14

Pro Tips --- Repair Lcd Monitor Quickly and Easily!
==================================================================== Article Title: Your Solution to LCD Monitor Trouble-shoot Author Name: Ck raymonee Contact Email Address: WebSite: Computer,...

question about bluetooth gps
When I saw some GPS units are bluetooth, I took that to mean you could pair them with your bluetooth earpiece, and thus hear the turn-by-turn instructions from your GPS in your earpiece. Since many of...
1
1