Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

maytag series 1000 dryer
I have a 1989 maytag series 1000 stackable. The dyer finally stopped heating up. I was told by a repairman that I needed a new heating element. Had it replaced and also had machine and all the vents...
2
2

Soldering solid silicon
Hi, What is the best way to solder solid (2.5 x 5 mm section) silicon? Is there a specific solder or flux to use? Thanks, Neil

Newby question: Seebeck coefficient
Hi, I am new to the group and not sure if there are ant protocols I am missing, sorry in advance... I am looking for a Seebeck coefficient for n-type, P doped Silicon. Can anyone help me out? Thanks,...

hp printer 0xc05d1281 error code --- ink exceeded threshold
the black ink has stop working on this unit. hp c6180 going through all the internet help sites and finding the MFG user menu i found the "ink exeeded threshold error " at start up it displayed a...

audio DAC
Have you seen - or listened to - those separate D to A converters? Do they justify the price? Especially, a $400 DAC connected to your laptop, playing through $50 speakers - Have there been any double...
12
12

Class 1 Laser Diode
I need to make a laser pointer for a profoundly disabled friend. It needs only to point 3 inches so I'm looking for a Class 1 laser diode that will be safe for him despite his erratic movements. Any...
5
5

Inverter
This inverter doesnot work, is it possible and how to fix itt? Can i get new one, or buy some which can replace it and which will be suitable for this chipset? Is there any place on web where i can...

Old PC card jumpers - link to depositfiles.
4
4

QUESTION: how to determine electromagnetic vibration frequencies ofatoms / molecules
Hi all I am looking for information about the electromagnetic vibration frequencies of individual elements and molecules, and how these are calculated. Any information about what this would be called...
4
4

Probably a stupid question, but...
Is there a type of resistor that senses the potential applied to it, and sets it's value accordingly? I know there's a part that does this, but I can't for the life of me think of what it's called....
4
4

Recycling electronic waste.
Taking your e-waste to the council tip doesn't allways mean it will be recycled in a lawful manner! Most UK council tips are actually contracted out and the contractor has to sell anything anyone will...
16
16

Japanese Make Superconductors With Booze
Iron Compounds Require Red Wine, Beer or Saki Yoshihiko Takano (R), professor of Japan's National Institute for Material Science and researcher Keita Deguchi display a superconductive metal compound,...
11
11

Cant read PIC usart data
To: alt.electronics,sci.elect Hi All, Sorry in advance if this turns out to be double-posted, it seemed to bounce from one group the first time and im not sure if that means it bounces from all. This...
17
17

UK source of filament lamps?
Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.
5
5

Found: E-book stash.
1