World's smallest electric generator?

What is the world's smallest electric generator? One that uses spinning and stationary magnets to generate electricity. Has one been done at the nano-scale yet? Links to them would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Scott Jensen

--
Peer-to-peer networking is the entertainment industry's future.
Read the white paper "The P2P Revolution" to learn about it.

I think all the nano-scale electric machines have been electroSTATIC, not electroMAGNETIC. I think this is due to the problem of confining strong magnetic fields in small areas. Maybe it is a lot easier to make conductors and insulators with standard semiconductor fabrication techniques, and placing tiny, strong magnets properly is much harder. If you do some google searches, you ought to find plenty of material on the electrostatic machines. Most of these should be reversible, to make a generator as well as a motor.

There was an MIT project to make a 50 W gas turbine generator module with semi fab techniques that fit in a 2 mm cube. They proposed an electrostatic generator, but I don't think that had been fabbed at the time. The engine had been fabbed and they were still improving on it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I've worked on isolating this stuff about 40 years ago ! Is this small enough for you !!!

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO