plasma tv kill audio on cordless head set ! NIDANSAN

This new sony wireless head set works great on my 32 sony in my bedroom,connected to`` audio out ``low level on the tv, it feeds a base station tha modulate to a carrier frequency 2.5 mghz .The problem is in front of my panasonic plasma at a12 feet distant a loud interferance cover the audio in fhe head set and same result when I connect the base station to my soud system.It stops when I turn off the plasma ,are they others units that would perfome better???.

Reply to
GUY

Obviously you need something that works in a different frequency range. Maybe headphones in the 5.8 GHZ range.

Reply to
Meat Plow

You could shield the plasma tv by completely covering it with aluminum foil, but that might make it hard to see, otherwise try a different headset frequency as the other poster recommended. Tell the place where you are buying the headset the problem, maybe they can make recommendations.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Are these IR wireless headphones? I recall early plasma TVs had problems interfering with IR remotes. If that's the case, try some RF headphones, otherwise the other advice is valid.

Reply to
James Sweet

The OP is using RF headphones, James.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The clocking and drive circuits in the Plasma set are wiping out your cordless headphones. I have seen some flat screen TV's interfere with wireless networks.

Change the model of headset for one that is at a different frequency. You are best off with a wired headset for both sound quality and performance.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA