TV sniffer?

I live in a block of flats which has a communal TV antenna and others are banned. That antenna is pointed at a local repeater. We have been told that reception of the main transmitter is not possible but several local homes are using that tx and I should like to test reception at my flat. Has anyone details of a homebrew signal strength meter that might help in the UHF range? Local dealers are not helpful!

--
John
Reply to

Forget the meter - not much use. You can build an antenna out of 300 ohm ribbon wire or other wire - flat and easy to hide under a carpet say.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

An UHF antenna will cost the same!

Reply to