To make suppress the dial tone

Hi Everybody, I have a telephone set and I want it to produce no dial tone when called. I have not been able to figure out the solution. I will be grateful for the hele. Thanking in advance for the help. Saaantosh Tripatthi

Reply to
Tripatthi

I can't understand your question exactly. Do you mean getting no calls? Getting no DTMF tones to be generated when you dial?

--
Chaos® - posting from Brazil
wizard_of_NOSPAM@hotmail.com

We cannot understand your question. You may be confused about what things are called.

"Dial tone" is what you hear in the receiver/earpiece when you pick up the handset, and before you start dialing. It indicates that the telephone office is ready to receive your dialing.

What you hear when someone calls you is the telephone RINGER. It used to be a real bell in older equipment, but likely a loud electronic sounding device in newer telephones.

The simple answer is to disconnect the phone. That way you will not hear "dial tone" or "ringer". We suspect that your question is more complex as this is the obvious answer.

Tell us what you are trying to do and maybe we can figure out what you are asking. Are you trying to disable the phone so people cannot dial out? Are you trying to disable the ringer so that it doesn't sound when you are sleeping?

Reply to
Richard Crowley

I assume you really meant to not *ring* the phone. Google on "Telephone Ring Suppressor".....

Re: Telephone Ring Suppressor ... Thompson , In Newsgroup: sci.electronics.design, Article: , Entitled: "Telephone Ring ... sci.electronics.design - Sep 21, 2002 by Jim Thompson - View Thread (52 articles)

...Jim Thompson

Remove or disconnect the ringer.

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

Suppose you want ring under certain conditions, AND have multiple phones on one line?

...Jim Thompson

In article , snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid mentioned...

Buy a PBX. Panasonic makes one that can handle a dozen phones and a half dozen lines. Post to comp.dcom.telecom.tech for more info.

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:

Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, Dar

Wake up "Watson", I posted a solution months ago. Must be that "left-coast-effect" eroding your brain ;-)

...Jim Thompson