Tek 545B Oscilloscope Free, Greater Boston Area Only

I have a Tektonix model 545B oscilloscope that I purchased new, and is still now in nearly new condition. It is complete with manuals and perhaps a few probes. It contains a dual trace plug-in (1A2), and is fully functional.

I am making this available at no cost to any promising young highschool or entry level college student that can both use and appreciate it.

It must be picked up in person by the student and/or his/her parents in Chelmsford, MA.

Hopefully it will be acquired by someone wanting a good quality, fully functional oscilloscope, and who will know how to employ its many capabilities to their fullest potential.

If interested, please call me at 978-256-6972 and we can arrange for your pickup.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

Curiously, when I offered this for free only one person called me, and on my returning his call he never called back.

The 545B with a dual trace 1A2 plugin is too good a scope to simpy throw out, so I've decided to keep it in service for still another 10 years where it is useful to me on the repair of Tek 465, 485 oscopes, Hp 1741A storage scope models, as well as CDV700 geiger counters and CDV750 dosimeter chargers.

Consider my free offer to be now withdrawn, leaving me to wonder about the techincal apptitude of today's students and technicians who would pass up a free deal like that which I posted!

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

Maybe because they guess that the 545B has no "Autoset" knob... and no port for the USB-Stick for saving the screenshot...

My first personal scope twenty years ago was a 545A and i still have it, but it has to live now in the neighborhood with some younger tek's

Jorgen

Reply to
Jorgen Lund-Nielsen