SWPS used at 110v instead of 230v Question??

I have 4 mobile phones and chargers, all different manufacturers. (Sony, Siemens, Nokia, Motorola)

All apart from one (Sony Ericcsson) have labels stating 230v use only, one states 110v-240v.

All seem to be made by Astec of China

All 4 give an indication on the phone that enough voltage is being supplied to charge the phone when used at 110v, plugged into my bathroom

110v shaver socket.

Is it just a label thing, in fact are all these chargers capable of being used on 110v, in America, without the need to buy a specific 110v travel charger ?

As I understand it, they may be switched mode power supplies, the technology I know very little about.

Does it do any harm to operate these chargers on 110v, instead of the labelled 230v ?

How do I tell if it's switched mode from the outside, or if I open it up ? Thanks

Reply to
Charger

SWPS used at 110v instead of 230v Question??

OOPS

Should read

SMPS used at 110v instead of 230v Question??

Reposted with correct header, ignore this one !!

Reply to
Charger