should we REALLY turn pc's off at night? I don't think so.

Its a lot better than "Kleinschmidt".

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But not as neat as blinkenlights.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Have you ever heard a Kleinschmidt when its printing at full speed? We used them for the news wire services at a military radio & TV station years ago. they were so damn loud that we had to put them five rooms away from the studios to keep people from hearing them when a microphone was open.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nope.

Were they of the hammer variety? Our labs were so noisy, it all became a background sound. The only time I ever noticed the roar was when we had a hurricane, which was cancelled, and every system and its gear had to be powered down. When we walked forlornly into the machine room (we didn't have any work to do), the place was very quiet and very cold; FS forgot to power down one A/C. I got spooked because of lack of normal noise.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

The kleinschmidt equipment was basically a typewriter with a solenoid per key. Noisy, slow, and had a 60 mA loop with BAUDOT code.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell