Re: OT: Fraudulent Postings in My Name

snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org (Bill Sloman) wrote:

> >>Jim's idea of what constitutes a leftist includes most of the world. >>He probably doesn't even think of himself as a rightist - like I said, >>he's out of touch with political reality. > >At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all >spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, >despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats. > > - P.J. O'Rourke

I would really like to see how each of you are classified by the _World's Smallest Political Quiz_ at [

]. (explanation as to why you think the results are invalid optiona) :)

Reply to
Guy Macon

Most members of that special interest group are people who like to use electric lights. We wouldn't have this problem if we used more nuclear plants, but we haven't even considered building one in almost 30 years (not a Republican idea by any means).

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

A very misleading statement.

The special interest group here is owners of the old coal-burning powerplants who refused to upgrade the emission scrubbing equipment, thereby saving a modest amount of money, as against a much larger amount that we then have to spend dealing with their pollution. Under EPA rules they had finally run out of time delaying upgrades, but "W" fixed that for them, permanently as I understand it. And screwing us here in the Northeast (no doubt another motivation).

I agree completely. China seems to be leading the way now for new nuclear plants, finally. And with new safer nuclear technology.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

 (email: use hill_at_rowland-dotties-org for now)
Reply to
Winfield Hill