Re: Isolating serial noise

Can i isolate my pic from my pc's noise by using 2 optocouplers and

>powering the serial comms from the serial port as in the schematic? > >

Might work, bot not guaranteed. This circuit requires your serial port voltage levels to be some

9 volt. They often are, but can be as low as 5 volt. If your PC is a laptop, it is not likely to work at all.

If you have the option: an ethernet port on your PIC would be a far better solution.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

I know. But you asked for pointers :-) I understand, that some PICs now come with ethernet support built in. You could look at

You're welcome :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok