portable system

I have a little project but am stumped because I know nothing about electronics. Here is the rub: my friend and I are trying to build a portable super ghetto-blaster. Essentially it will be a sound system housed in a 3 or 4' plywood box and could be carted in the trunk of a car. It will be powered by a car battery hooked up to as many speakers as possible. I am not sure of the best way to go about this, but I imagine the contents will include a Discman style cd player, car battery, speakers, some kind of amplifier, something to convert power from the battery to everything else. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adrian

Email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com or better yet just reply to this post

Reply to
adrian king

Are you intending to use existing equipment or can you spend money? There are plenty of car amps available that run on 12 volts, saves you having extra space taken up by an invertor to provide 240 volts.

--
11 parrots and increasing, photos at http://www.petersparrots.com
1 gigabyte of my digital photos, http://www.petersphotos.com

Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF:  Incompetent User.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Just install an inverter with a very large sound system. Make sure your inverter and power source to it can handle the load. Also make sure you have the budget to do this. Custom building would even be more expensive!

--

Jerry G. =====

Email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com or better yet just reply to this post

Reply to
Jerry G.

Do everyone a big favor. Wear headphones! What makes you think the rest of the world want to hear all that racket?

Reply to
Patch